As a parent you are important in the enjoyment and learning that your child will derive from playing field hockey. You can provide motivation by:
- Being supportive of your child by attending games whenever possible, giving encouragement, and showing an interest in the team. Positive reinforcement is a major incentive.
- Being a positive role model by showing good sportsmanship to coaches, referees, opponents, and your own child's teammates.
-Allowing your child to set their own goals and to play the game for themselves.
- Allowing the coach to do the coaching.
- Respecting the decisions of the umpires .
- Gaining knowledge of the rules.
- Getting involved by volunteering to help where needed.